We gather in community to worship on Sundays at 8:30 am (traditional) and 10:00 am (contemporary).
- rezKIDS for age 3 through grade 8 happens at the 10:00 am Sunday service
- WeeJAM nursery is available at both the 8:30 and 10:00 services
Wednesday Night Programs
During the school year we have a variety of programs available for the community.
- AWANA Club for preschool through 6th graders from 4:45 – 6:15 pm
- Dinner at 6:00 pm which is open to everyone
- rezYouth (grades 6-12) welcomes middle school and high schoolers at 7:00 pm
- Confirmation class meets from 11:15 am-12:15 pm on Sundays
A true community church
Resurrection United Methodist Church of Hastings is located in the heart of the community at 615 West 15th Hastings, MN, across from Pioneer Park. Our building is used free of charge by various groups nearly seven days each week, including Cub Scouts, Girls Scouts, Brownies, Moms Group, Homeschoolers Coop, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous, and a Community Dinner open to the public and served the 4th and 5th Thursday of each month (when there’s a fifth Thursday.)
Our roots run deep. In 1854, a circuit riding preacher arrived to find a dozen families eager to start a church. By 1861, the congregation of 161 members built a church building on the corner of 5th and Vermillion Streets, which was later moved to 8th and Vermillion where it still stands today. When the congregation outgrew this building in 1959, Resurrection moved to its current location at the corner of Maple and 15th Street across from Pioneer Park, where continued growth has resulted in several expansions to this facility. In 2006, we celebrated our 150th birthday as a church.